Among the six key demands of the planned National Day Of Rage being planned by activists for August 5, 2019 is immediate freedom for the leader of the Islamic Movement in Nigeria, Sheikh Ibraheem Zakzaky and all other political prisoners and prisoners of conscience.
The National Day of Rage is scheduled to go on despite the arrest of one of the conveners of the #RevolutionNow Movement, Omoyele Sowore, a Nigerian human rights activist and pro-democracy campaigner last night, obviously in an attempt by the authorities to break the resolve of the campaigners.
Some of the Key Demands of the planned Day of Rage (at this time) include:
1. All governments must pay the N30,000 minimum.
2. Abolition of tuition fees in universities and secondary schools.
3. Stop the killings in the country and sack all the incompetent service chiefs.
4. Stop all estimated billing by the power companies, provide prepaid meters for free, and communities must have the right to audit the electricity bills they get, and review the licenses of all discos.
5. Free all political prisoners now, including Sheikh El Zakzaky and his wife.
6: Employment for the youths.